~Thank You ~
Anime-Fury Forum
Welcome Back
Feel free to see the new post's
And maybe post some your self
Love to hear what you got to say
~Thank You ~
Anime-Fury Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime-Fury Forum

The Forum Of Anime-Fury, To Discuss The Site, Animes, Mangas ect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMain Site

Virus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fury
Lord Furian
Lord Furian
Fury

Male Number of posts : 1181
Job/hobbies : Drawing and Sleeping
Fav Anime : Naruto,Hellsing,Trigun,Ouran,Eyeshield
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Character profile
Name: Fury
Power: Its Over 9000!?!
Attack: Furian-Fury

Virus Empty
PostSubject: Virus   Virus Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:03 am

Chapter 1-Hated

"Hey Freak!"
Leo turned round.
"What.."
A boy in the front of a gang of about 8 other boys walked towards Leo, Leo knew the boy as Teoni, since Leo made it a habit avoiding him, knowing what might happen if Teoni decided to confront him.
"Your that freak with those freaky powers!" he implied, coming to a stop a few metres away from Leo.
"Leave me alone..." Leo turned away and walked away down the street, when suddenly he felt a sharp object hit him in the back of the head, making him double over in pain.
Leo rolled over to see Teoni with a few stones in his hand.
"Did i say you could go?"
"Leave me alone!" Leo yelled at him, holding back his anger.
"Hey, your a freak I can do whatever I want to you!" Teoni laughed, as he started throwing rock after rock at Leo.
"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!" Leo yelled, getting to his feet clenching his fists.
"Why? whatya gonna do? huh? freak?" the boy stood as if waiting for Leo to come at him, knowing that he wouldnt. Leo clenched his fists tighter and tighter in anger, he gritted his teeth staring at the boy straight in the face, their was a small clicking sound, and a surging pain shot up Leos arm, he stammerd slightly but clenched ever harder, he knew he had just broke his thumb, just by clenching his fists, but this was a regular occurence when he got angry.
"come on whatya-" he stared into Leo's eyes, something he saw in his red glowing eyes unsettled him, he turned to the boys behind.
"come on, lets teach this freak a lesson!" he turned around to Leo, suddenly feeling a heavy pressure and pain in his stomach, it took him a few seconds to notice Leo was standing next to him, with his fist securely in his gut. Teoni coughed up a splatter of blood. He tilted his head looking into Leo's eyes, those red eyes, glowing with such hate and anger. Teoni clenched in pain when a following impact hit him, he flew off Leo's fist, in an explosion of compact air, that had caused a postponed impact reaction. Teoni had been flung down the street, hitting the ground at such a force, the ground had cracked at the pressure. He had came to a halt after hitting a wall at the end of the street, after sliding across the ground for 10 metres. Leo stood still. His arm bent and tucked slightly out were he had contacted with Teonis stomach.
The street had gone silent. Teoni lay motionless hunched against the wall, groaning in pain. The silence was broken when his father ran to his aid.
" Teoni! Teoni!" he yelled shaking his son, who replied with a sequence of groans and a weak finger pointing at Leo. His father looked at Leo with a look of anger and fear.
"You Monster!! why cant you just die!!!", Leo stood in the same position, his head tilted down, his teeth gritted and his eyes a flow with tears."Why?!? why cant you just leave us alone and die!" he stood, picking up his son in his arms.
Leo, streched out his hands infront of him, blood was trickling from the base of his palm. He looked at Teonis father, staring at him with such hatred, but living in fear of him. Leo turned and ran, pursued by other angry townsfolk, he ran and ran, he could hear the death threats and monstrous insults, why did they hate him so much? all he had done was live, he knew he was different, but why did they dispise him with such a vengeance? why?.
He ducked into an alley as he gained distance from them at a turning. He stood still as they passed him by, they dispersed as they saw no sight of him, leaving with their anger ready for the next confrontation. Leo slumped down the wall with his head between his knees.
He raised his right hand and looked at his knuckles, he stared as the bone rearranged itself under Leo's skin, clicking back into place, fixing his thumb. He turned his hand over, the blood had dried, and the gash was sizzling with the blood, as if it was sealing up by melting the skin back together. He stretched his hand as the gash dissapated into his skin.
Leo had been this way since he could remember, different, he could do things people couldnt and for that he was hated, they feared that he was different, why? he tried to blend in, tried to be normal, he would be cheery and happy, until they noticed he was in their midst. Leaving him with misery. Why? thats what he continually asked himself, he had but one person who cared for him, Sarn, Leo questioned his motives for caring for him, as it being a promise to Leos father, after him and Leos mother died. Their death was a mystery to Leo, but Sarn cared for him all the same, didnt love him, no, Leo had read about it before in books, such as the love of a parent, or family, Sarn was neither, and Leo had never experienced it. Sarn was the towns 'medicine man' or more blaintly put by senile people as 'wizard'. He was neither, but always experimenting with concotions, and old books, thus him being locked away in his study most of the time.
Leo opened the door slowly, "Sarn?" he walked in slowly, closing the door quietly behind him. "Sarn? you here?" the room smelt damp, an aroma of rotten eggs and some sort of urine. "phwah! whats he doing now?" a tumble and smash came from the back room,
"Oh damn!" a creaky voice uttered from behind the door,
"Sarn?" Leo shouted, approaching the door, when suddenly a large bang sent him sprawling back. The sides of the door issued a bright pretuding purple light. " What the hell?!?"
"*cough* sorry abit of a miscalculation!*cough* sit yourself down ill be out in a minute!" Leo could hear the clattering of viles and broken glass as Sarn tidied up his experiment. Leo walked around the table in the middle of the room, he looked at a large book, opened infront of a chair "Whats Sarn been doing?", Leo lifted the left side of the book slightly, the cover was brown and covered in dust. He wiped the cover with his palm and read 'Races and Their Abilities vol 2'. "Hmm, whys Sarn interested in this?" Leo turned the cover back to the page it was. "Hmmm, why the hells he readin this?"
"Put that down!" Leo turned round sharply seeing Sarn storming out of his study, " Dont mess with that!" he shouted, as he pulled the book away from Leo and placing it in a cabinit, then locking it. " Hey whats the big deal?" Leo shouted back. Sarn paced the room, picking up books and papers then seeming to 'hide' them. He was wearing a purple/blue gown, it spanned form his neck to his feet, merely suspended by a purple belt band. " You should no better then coming in here and touching things, they can be dangerous!" he snapped, whilst he placed certain papers in randomly chosen drawers.
"....A book?" Leo had a sarcastic sound of voice, Sarn was unerved by it, you could tell he was since he just removed some glasses from the draw he just placed them in.
"well, mm, I dont want you to get hurt, you know, I put myself at enough risk, Id hate for you to get hurt" yeah right, is what Leo thought as Sarn said that,
"He would be glad to see me dead, a burden off his shoulders, the village would no doubts take turns dancing on my grave..." he thought to himself.
"Right now, how can I help you my boy?" he had just finished clearing everything away, more like hiding evidence, but Leo thought it would be wise to not think on this too much. "Leo? I said can I help you?" Sarn was wiping soot from his small spectacles, never mind that his face was marked with the thick powder.
"Nothing I just thought I would come and see you" Leo pulled up a chair and sat leaning off it. He wore his black bottoms, with black straps across each leg going down to his ankles, he also wore a black T-shirt as an undershirt to his coat, a long black coat, which ran across the ground, the collar raised up to his ears, and spanned around his head; he wore this coat whenever he travelled, or In this case, for the bitter cold of that day. His hair was brown, and it rose high like a blazing fire, such as his eyes, Firey red, and burning. Sarn could tell my the sadend look of Leo's face of what had happened. "It happened again? " Sarn questioned,
"Yeah.." Leo lowered his eyes to his feet.
"Hmmm, ignore them Leo, your different, people are scared of whats different."
"Different? Different!? this is no normal difference!" Leo gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, but slowly relaxed and sighed. " Im different to everyone.... no one is like me.." he raised his hand, his eyes shut, and flames flickered from his fingertips. " Why?...why can I do this?.. why cant I be like everyone else?" he muttered. Sarn looked at Leo with pity, he placed his hand on his and closed it. "Leo, Your the son of your parents, an Elemental and a Furian... Of course you will carry their unique traits within you." Leo stood and walked to the window.
" But why am I here, why didnt I go to their world? why leave me here were Im not wanted? " he stared through the window at a child holding both his mother and fathers hands whilst walking down the street. " They would want too be with you, your mother, bless her soul, loved you with all her heart.." Love. That word again. What is it. "And your father...." Sarn paused, Leo turned to him with a questioned look.
" What?" Sarn looked up again and smiled a false smile at Leo.
"Oh nothing, he loved you all the same as your mother" He was lieing. That smile. He used It often. When questions of the pass were asked. Of Leos origins. Of his parents. He could tell when Sarn lied. " Sarn... Ive had more dreams.." Sarn looked concerned.
"What of Leo? tell me? " he looked seriously at Leo.
" Well sometimes I dream of a jungle, its nightime and its raining, and theirs thunder and lightning." Leo drew his eyes from Sarns. "And theirs someone in a cave calling my name..tempting me In. But sometimes I dream of something different.." Sarn came closer to Leo.
" What? what do you dream? "
" I dream of things...that havent happened yet..Im in them, but im different." he sighed. " Im travelling, through worlds...Im fighting people..Killing, people." he turned to Sarn and grinned, " But their just dreams, nothing to worry about." Leo walked towards the door.
"Leo."
He turned around to Sarn. " Your special, you know that right?, life will not always be like this for you, one day everyone will respect you.....or inevertably fear you."
"What?" He spoke the truth. First time he had. His eyes are like a book. I can read them. " Your right, the only thing to gain is respect, they already fear me.." Leo opened the door and walked into the street. Just outside of the village Leo lived on a hill, a small cottage-like home, he was self-sufficient with home grown vegetables and a small farm of chickens and pigs. He only left to see Sarn, it was a haven from the hatred that brewed just below. It was but a small treck up and down the hill, but it wasnt a problem for Leo, he had walked it all of his life and it had strengthened his legs. But as he could remember it hadnt ever been a problem for him, his body was naturally strengthened by the Furian blood within him.
The sun soon set along the far hill side, as the village slowly crept into darkness. As Leo closed his eyes to put his body to rest, his mind began to dream.
Wild bird calls echoed from afar, undermined by the insects and animals lurking in the darkness. The rain drops fell on the water in an orchestra of miscellaneous harmonies, postponed by the jungle canopy of trees, the rain dripping down to the lower shrubs, overflowing the river, carrying away decayed logs and plants through the guise of the raindrops and wildlife sounds. A voice echoed through the dense forestry. "Leo.." it called, the scenery moved forward, through the dreams viewpoint, as if he was rushing through it himself. The voice continued to echoe his name as a cave came in sight and the surroundings stilled. The voice was coming from inside. "Leo..Leo..Leo..LEO LEO LEO!"
"Wha-??" Leo was sitting up in his bed, panting and sweating. "hah, just a dream..it was just a dream.." He wiped his forehead and lied back down, pulling his covers to him, he closed his eyes, and slowly crepped back to sleep, but his mind did not, as premonitions of the future haunted his dreams.
" Is this all you can do? a Furian and this is all you can do!? dont make me laugh! " a man wearing grey armour on his upper body and black clothing on his lower stood before Leo. "I would imagine you to be more of a challenge? I guess I was wrong, Just like thinking your mother and father would give me quite a struggle, but, they quite easily rolled over and admited their cowardess, your mother dieing so easily, and your father running with you in his arms like a pety child! " Leo got to his feet, blood ran from his mouth and every other orofise, wounds in his arms, legs and abdomin gushed blood over his torn clothing, his arms swayed towards the ground as his nerves in them had been obliterated, his heart convulsed trying to slow its own beat to control the blood that was being lost. " Your wrong." he arched his back so he could stand straight. "Ow? and how is that you pathetic little worm?" This enemy stood on the ruins of Leos home, spitting at their remains.
"I am going to kill you.." Leo grinned through a shattered jaw. " And ill avenge my Mother...and you will pay for what youve done" he staggered as he spoke, but he kept his expression through the pain. " I will..I will....I will...." The dream faded away as the morning dawned and Leos body began to stir.
Back to top Go down
http://anime-fury.piczo.com
Fury
Lord Furian
Lord Furian
Fury

Character profile

Virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:04 am

Chapter 2-Hope Yet

Leo woke that morning, his mind full of confusion and questions of which he thought would never be answered. Sarn could not help him, he would avoid answering any question asked of before Leo had came into his care. Was this just a dream? or had it actually been a premonition of the future? had his mother been killed and his father forced away from those he loved to avoid capture of his enemies? what if it was true? what if it had actually happened? but what could he do? he sat in his bed, clutching to his head, trying to straighten his trail of thought, but he couldnt help it, the dream repeated itself in his mind, over and over again, guessing at the moment before and after the dream, what was the outcome? but, the image of his mothers death, kept emerging into his mind, he didnt know what she looked like, sound liked, or what she felt like. How did you die. Were you in pain?. Did they torture you?. Why. Why did they do this?. Then the likely fact of it all being a dream came to him. He rubbed his eyes and got out of bed and set to getting dressed.
After, he walked from his room down the hall were he stopped, he looked to his right, on a table a small glass case was secured to it. Leo walked towards it and placed his hands on the side of it. Inside were two Leonati blades along side Identical black leather Sheathes. The blades were from what he could tell, black steel, or possibly Iron. The light gleamed off the shiny black surface like marble. The front of the blade was smooth, and curved to a sharp point like a small Katana, were as the back, was sculpted into tribal-like patterns, with smoothe hooks merging from the back resembling small black talons, Leo believed these carved spikes were for disembowlment after the blade is stabbed into, and then pulled out of flesh. He was told it was a traditional yet barbaric Furian weapon, and once belonged to his father. Leo had cherished these as the only remembrance, even momento of his parents. But these blades, they gave a sort of dark presence, the feeling they were their, and they just emitted a certain aura that was the opposite to everything around them. Sometimes Leo would just stare at them through the glass, and look at the light shine across the end of the blade, of course he had held them, he had even practised with them, the mastery of knifes and blades was a tradition to Furians, and it came almost naturally to Leo. The handle was of patterned leather, but had the firmness of metal.
But he thought to himself, why didnt he care about his father? when Sarn had briefed up Furian history, he said it was maternal for Furians not to care for the male parent, but birth right to protect the mother, and in old times, traditional as a declaration of manhood, to kill the father. Although a curiosity arose in Leos mind about his father, could he help him tap into any further traits he may of inherited? But once again the fact that it may all be a dream came to mind, although, if it was real, he would look for him, anything was better than the life he was living know.
He looked from his window out towards the town below, it had always been a rural place, farmers, traders, supersticous, senile, god fearing, law abiding simpletons who had no knowledge of anything, never mind technology. This is what Leo thought of them, these people believed the slightest difference in people was evil, it explains their treatment towards him. Leo knew of technology. His mind would race through the anatomy of a device or structure, disecting it in his mind. The town consisted of only carts, and lanterns being the most up-to-date technology, but Leo knew of electricity, his mind would run through the production of it, the production of it in different objects and materials, giving him the knowledge of assembling a device through the use of conducting materials, such as an electric light. But an energy source? Leo had the power of lightning at his fingertips. But, why should he use any of this to help the town? they would call it sorcery, a concocsion of an evil entity. So to hell with this town he would think to himself, maybe their own candle lanterns will fall onto a flammable material, and the town will burn to the ground, with them wondering what evil caused it, no knowledge of the scientific reason.
Why did his mind race like this? he often wonderd, his eyes could penetrate an object, and see every inch of it. Sarn explained it by saying Leo had his own unique ability, independant of any inheritance. The power of psyche. But if this was true, then the dreams, were they real?
But suddenly Leo could here shouts and crys from the town square. He quickly looked through the window and saw the town gathered around a few men on horses, with the Kings emblem on their armour. This must be serious, the king never sent horsemen to the towns unless it was a serious problem, war? disease? whatever it was Leo had to know. He grabbed his black cloak and ran out of the door, he started the decent down the steep hill running, his arms behind him as he darted towards the crowd. as he reached the bottom, he kicked strongly off of the ground, flinging himself into the air and landing in a close road junction, were he then joined and walked about the crowd.

He saw a bearded man, covered from head to toe in grey armour with the kingdoms insignia printed on it. He was holding a parchment whilst standing on a makeshift pedistool waiting whilst the other men sushed the crowd.
" Now. I have been ordered by his majesty the king, to adress all of the inhabitants of this town, along with those of the rest of the kingdom, of a threat towards us all" to this the crowed began muttering to one another, "Effects us all? it must be a disease!"
" No it must be a war! someone is trying to conquer our kingdom!" but as the speaker sarcasticly coughed, the townsfolk hushed.
" Their is no need to panic, other kingdoms are assisting us in this matter, among various other military parties... " his voice trailed off, Leo could see it in his eyes. They were full of disbelief, although he knew what he disbeliefed to be true, questioning his own thoughts. They wont accept any different sort of lifestyle, so whats happened to make this man change his mind?. Leo was now curious, he moved further into the crowd towards the speaker.
" We need able men, who are ready to fight, but.... " his voice trailed again, confusion filled his expression. " but at the moment, we dont know who the enemy is...".
The crowd were silent, dumbfounded by what had been said. " How can you not know who your fighting!? "
" Yeah! then theirs no point in trying! " The crowd started an uproar, through the yelling and shouting, the speaker attempted to quiet them, but all went quiet, when a hand was raised in the croud. It was Leo's.

All eyes turned to Leo, bewilderment, relief, and the old favourite, hate, weighed heavy on him though their eyes. The speaker stammered but gained back his stance, " You boy, you wish to help the Kingdom? ". Kingdom, were Leo had lived for all these years, in a kingdom. Ruled by a king. A pompous overpowered man that chose who would die, and who would be taxed. Some King. "Yes, I want to help." No he didnt, he wanted out. Out of this place. Out of this place of hatred, and to see, if this dream, was real. " Good, get only some essentials and make your own way to the capital." The messenger and his men packed up, and progressed to the village gates and riding off towards the capital city. This was his chance. He was finally getting out of here. He did not collect any clothes, nor any food, he only took the Leonati blades. He looked as the light shone across the edge, begging for violence, begging for death. These blades emitted such blood lust, they unerved Leo, but he knew that if he had to fight, he would, and he would kill. He siethed the blades on either side of him, threw his blackcloak over himself, and released the animals he had been keeping. Hopefully he would never return, maybe he could find people, who would accept him.
Leo made his way to the village gates, to the awaiting soldiers. " Come now boy, we must hurry, " one of the men opened the door to a horse drawn carriage. " We were going to make any volunteers come to us, but since your the only one who has, you may ride with the commander, but show him respect or itll be your head. " The message was clear, get in, shut up. Leo proceeded to get into the carriage, but he didnt look back to the village, he was leaving, no looking back, no coming back. The carriage soon started off down the
Back to top Go down
Fury
Lord Furian
Lord Furian
Fury

Character profile

Virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:05 am

English Coursework Hamlet Liam Clyne

The Story Of Hamlet Is A Classic Revenge Tragedy Play, written by William Shakespeare, this sort of genre in plays were quite popular in Shakespeare’s time, revenge was a criminal act, but was respected as a kind of wild justice. Hamlet is set in Denmark, which at that time is politically insecure, for it is preparing for war, as Norway readies to invade, whilst the King, a.k.a 'Old Hamlet' has died and His brother Claudius has taken his place on the throne. It is a new world of spies and corruption, the old way of honour giving way to the new world of Claudius, a Machiavellian world, as a Florentine public servant and political theorist Niccolo' Machiavelli wrote a book in Shakespeare's time entitled 'The Prince' in which he stated that any means justified the end, thus, a Machiavellian world, which was influential in Shakespeare's time. The Great Chain of Being plays a major role in Hamlet, Society in Shakespeare’s day would have believed everything was created by God, this included a ranking system of all things on earth with everything being linked like a chain, starting with God at the top, to angels, to men, to animals, to insects ect. this is know as 'The Great Chain of being'.

To challenge this system, was the same as to challenge god, but it is inevitable that Gods natural order will eventually be restored, although bloodshed and disruption is on the road to a restoration of order, and restoration of order towards then end of the play is important, as of the Norwegian attack. But it is slowly restored after Claudius challenges God by killing the old King, and bloodshed and disruption indeed eventually brings about order when the Norwegian King Fortinbras takes over and takes the crown of Denmark at the end of the play when Hamlet and Claudius have died. Many of Shakespeare’s plays are a kind of warning to society and monarchy. Shakespeare’s message to society in this play is to not challenge the monarchy, as at the time Queen Elizabeth's rule was always subject to challenges and instability.

At the beginning of the play, we can tell that Hamlet is already somewhat depressed and isolated from everyone else, mainly due to his fathers death, and his suspicions of Claudius, who has taken his father's crown and also his mother's bed, giving a rather literal image of Hamlet as an unhappy adolescent, understandable in his circumstances.
As the play progresses, Hamlets character changes, such as his determination to kill Claudius after his fathers ghost comes to him and tells him how he is suffering, 'Confined to fast in fires till the foul crimes done in my days of nature are burnt and purged away.' that he had died without a proper confession, with his soul destined for purgatory, 'till the foul crimes done in my days of nature are burnt and purged away' meaning that he was murderd, and he then tells Hamlet of how his brother Claudious had poisoned him whilst he slept, after hearing this Hamlet is absolutely determined to Kill his uncle, but then he delays doing so by procrastinating too much, which is his fatal flaw, "thinking too much."

He thinks that the ghost may have been a demon in the form of his father, but by thinking too deeply puts him off killing Claudious, as Hamlet says, 'Consience does make cowards of us all' and his determination is renewed after the ghost of his father once again appears before him, returning to 'whet thy almost blunted purpose', meaning to get Hamlet to kill Claudious, since he has been delaying it for so long. So Hamlets determination changes throughout the progress of the play, also when he and Laertes duel near the end of the play, he shows a form of honour that isnt seen throughout the play when, after he and Laertes are close to their deaths, the two forgive one another so that neither will prevent the other from entering heaven.
Hamlet recognizes himself in Laertes, and needs to release himself from the burden of self-loathing by forgiving and being forgiven by Laertes. He says, 'But I am sorry, good Horatio, that to Laertes I forgot myself, for by the image of my cause, I see the portraiture of his. I’ll court his favours. But sure the bravery of his grief did put meInto towering passion.' By reaching out to Laertes, Hamlet reconciles the conflicting aspects of his own nature, freeing himself for what he must do, this comes shortly after Hamlet finally kills Claudious. Also through the progress of the play we see Hamlet fake being mad, but as it progresses it is questionable of if he is a clever impersonator of madness, or an actual genuine madman, and Hamlets sexual identity is also questioned throughout the course of the play, wherever he has an Oedipus complex and is sexually obsessed with his mother, or if he truly loves Ophelia.
In the first soliloquy ('To be or not to be') we see Hamlets dark outlook on life, explaining the depression in his character and also his dark and un-optimistic personality. This soililoquy is simply Hamlet pondering on wherever to kill himself, thus 'To be, or not to be' meaning to live or to die.
He says, ' Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, ' meaning to endure this life, ' Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them. To die, to sleep-No more; and by sleep to say we end the heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to, ' meaning to oppose it, to kill yourself and end the suffering of living and having to endure, you cant tell that Hamlet has a very bleak view of life.
Although Hamlet could not kill himself, for the same reason he delays killing Claudious, he procrastinates, were he says ' Thus conscience does make cowards of us all' . The reason for his procrastination is as he says, 'And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, and enterprises of great pitch and moment with this regard their currents turn awry and lose the name of action' meaning that the natural determination to act is unhealthily covered by too much thought, preventing us from acting, so Hamlets major flaw is the reason of his own procrastination, thinking too much.
Hamlet talks about life after death, ' When we have shuffled of this mortal coil, (when we die, shake of the confusion of human life) Must give pause. ' ' But that the dread of something after death, the undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveller returns, puzzles the will, and makes us bear those ills we have than fly to others that we know not of.' Meaning that no one really knows what is after death, and that is safer to stay with the suffering you have living, than the suffering that might await us after death, this is also a procrastination of Hamlets which prevents him from commiting suicide.
In the second soliloquy ('Look here upon this picture') we see Hamlets deep respect for his deceased father, and his deep hate for Claudious. Hamlet compares his father to gods, ' Hyperions's Curls, (a greek god) the front of Jove himself, an eye like mars, to threaten and command; a station like the herald Mercury, new-lighted on a heaven-kissing hill; a combination and a form indeed, ' and he says that all the gods made his father semi-god, ' Where every god did seem to set his seal to give the world assurance of a man. '
After describing how great and what an image of a god his father was, he then shows his resentment of Claudious by comparing him to his father, he is also, by doing this comparing his mothers late husband, and her busband now, ' This was your husband. Look you now what follows. Here is your husband, like a mildewed ear, ' a mildewed ear being a rotten ear of corn, (perhaps an image of disease and corruption?) he says this as his father was killed by being poisoned in the ear, ' Blasting his wholesome brother. ' meaning that Claudious killed his perfect brother.
He goes on to lecture his mother on how she can love another man at her age, and deplores her inability to control her sexual desires, ' You cannot call it love, for at your age ( He is being rude to her. ) the heyday in the blood is tame, it's humble, ( Saying that she should be sensible. ) and waits upon the judgement; and what judgement would step form this to this? ' meaning why to go from old hamlet, to Claudious, ' sense, sure you have, else could you not have motion, but sure that sence is apoplexed, for madness would not err, nor sence to ecstacy was ne'er so thralled, but it reserved some quantity of choice to serve in such a difference. ' he is saying that she surely has sexual desire, otherwise she wouldnt have emotion, but it must be madness that enslaves her.
He then says that his mother is not setting a good example, ' O shame, where is thy blush? rebllious hell, if thou canst mutine in a matrones bones, to flaming youth let virtue be as wax and melt in her own fire. Proclaim no shame when the compulsive ardour gives the charge, since frost itself as actively doth burn. and reason panders will. ' By saying this, Hamlet is demanding to know how young people can be expected to control their passions, if mothers can't control theirs, ('mutine in a matrons bones '= run riot in a mothers body). When middle age (' frost') is highly sexually active (' doth burn') and intellect helps satisfy desire (' reason panders will'), then there is no shame in anyones passion.
Hamlets relationship with his mother is fragile after his fathers death, and when he lectures her about her sex life, maybe this is his sexual jealousy of Claudious? he may have an Oedipus Complex, and is in love with his mother and violently jealous of Claudious. If he is sexually obsessed with his mother, it would explain him being unable to have a loving relationship with Ophelia, or does he cover his true love for her with his harsh words? his sexual identity is unsure, werever he is an immature boy unready for love, or a man with accute sexual problems.
And so, in this essay I have described Hamlets character, both soliloquy's, Hamlets procrastion, his sexual jealousy, Hamlets view of life and much more of the Play by William Shakespear. In all I would say that Hamlets most defining characteristic is his procrastination, which mostly is the reason for his dark outlook on life, his depression, his thoughts on the after life and the eventual cause of his death. He indeed a tragic hero, tortured by opposite feelings and a commentator on human life.
Back to top Go down
Fury
Lord Furian
Lord Furian
Fury

Character profile

Virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:07 am

Introduction

In this piece of coursework, I will be answering the question,
' How Does Crime Vary Between Gender? '

This issue is a growing concern, as of recently the number of crimes committed by women has been slowly increasing, not as much as crime committed by males, but all the same, it is becoming an increasing problem.
New figures reveal that crimes committed by young women have risen significantly in the past three years.
Just 2 months ago, a girl was kidnapped and tied up in a house by girls from her school and their mother, who then tortured her for 3 hours, and then left her for dead, apparently because the girl was, 'Too pretty.' She was saved when a passer-by called an ambulance, and she lived, but was left with broken bones, cigarette burns, poisoning from being forced to drink household cleaning products and internal bleeding.
And so In this Coursework, I will find out how crime varies between males and females.

Hypothesis

I believe that I will find that males commit more crime than females due mainly to their socialisation, although the crime rates of females have significantly increased.
I believe that more females are committing crime as they are starting to be socialised similar to male, also the similar life chances if they are born into poor families.

Aims: - To find how crime varies between gender.
- To explain why

Method: -Questionnaire
-Interview
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Virus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virus   Virus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum